Please note that the Australasian Society for Bipolar and Depressive Disorders (ASBDD) is not a health or crisis service (see About ASBDD).
The ASBDD does not have the capacity to respond to urgent or personal requests for help or advice. We do not have doctors, psychologists or counsellors to assist you.
If you need urgent medical or psychological assistance please contact your general practitioner (GP), also known as local medical officer (LMO), or other health professional or the Emergency Department of your local hospital.
If you need to talk with a counsellor straight away please call:
(All listed services operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year)
- Emergency Services Phone: 000 for an ambulance
- beyondblue – 1300 22 4636
- Kids Helpline – (for children and young people from 5-25 years) – 1800 55 1800
- Lifeline Australia – 13 11 44 (local call cost)
- Lifeline New Zealand – 0800 543 354
- Lifeline Auckland, New Zealand – 09 5222 999 (within Auckland)
- Mensline Australia – 1300 78 99 78
- Department of Defence (Australia) – 1800 628 036